|Consulting & Training
Implementation is the heart of the standards process. It is not enough to have a Code of Conduct and post it on a wall. Without proper training and implementation posters are meaningless. An audit will reveal problems, but does not enact solutions. This implementation phase of the process often requires regular training, advice and consultation.
Global Standards works to help translate words into deeds. This is a complex multi-step process which requires a strong management commitment. The process may involve significant costs and changes to factory systems, which can only be accomplished with management support.
Vital issues to address during implementation include:
- Physical improvements to facilities in the areas of health, safety, hygene and the environment.
- Management, records and documentation systems
- Policies, handbooks, and training
- Workplace practices and discipline
Benefits to the factory from such improvements can include:
- Increased productivity and quality
- Reduction in accidents and absences
- Improved morale and labor relations
- Decreased staff turnover and retention of skilled workers
- More efficient management and production systems
The end goal is to create a sustainable, socially responsible business which can compete successfully in global markets, supplying higher quality, higher value goods to major international brands.